Hey there, It’s been months since I’ve last posted on this blog. I’ve been busy with work, friends, family and other things in-between. But one of the reasons why I was so mia is because… More
This past week I got to venture out to Venice beach for the first time in…forever and I finally got a taste of summer (YAY!). I always love going to the beach, especially during this time of the year so I couldn’t resist taking a couple pictures from my day! I wore my maxi, taupe dress with my bowtie-leather necklace and kept everything minimal.
‘Til next time,
I’m all about enjoying food and taking pics of everything I eat — hence, all these pics of what I consumed in the past. Majority of the places are cafes located in Los Angeles or Orange County! Since I’m probably not capable of naming every place I’ve been to, here are my top 5 places in no particular order.
- Verve Coffee Roasters (DTLA) – This place is probably one of the most eye-pleasing coffee shops in the city! Although I’m not a true ‘coffee person’, I did enjoy the juice shots here. Some were pretty challenging to drink, but it was quite fun trying out different flavors. If you’re looking for a place with great quality drinks and a nice space to study, this is the spot to check out!
- Royalty Juice Bar & Cafe (Studio City) – When I was interning at CBS, this place was my go-to spot during lunch breaks. They serve THE BEST green smoothies and juices. All their drinks and food consist of fresh ingredients! The shop has a wide range of drinks to choose from and they’re honestly quite filling. My personal favorite is the ‘healthy smoothie’!
Side note: The baristas are really nice and they actually remember orders from their returning customers!
- Zinc (DTLA) – I’ve always wanted to check this place out and I finally got the chance to go with my friends. The cafe is absolutely stunning! I got the Avocado toast and a side of potatoes.
- Early Bird Cafe (Fullerton) – I love, love, love, LOVE brunch. It’s probably my favorite type of meal. Since I don’t live in Los Angeles, it’s nice to find a place closer to home that offers great quality food! I usually get an Eggs Benedict (Frank Floyd) or Pancakes (Buckwheat) and of course, a side of coffee.
- Lemon Poppy Kitchen (LA) – This place is a very small and simple place! If you’re looking for a filling and traditional breakfast, this place is for you. They offer sandwiches, potatoes, pastries, and drinks!
There are definitely so many more places to share with you, but these are the five that really stuck with me for the past few months. Cheers to a new year — filled with more food!
‘Til next time,
Lately I’ve been been having a weird obsession over ‘everything 90’s’. I’m not sure if it’s because of my newfound love for their classic movies, or the fact that I have a girl crush on Kate Moss, but one thing is for sure — fashion back then was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. If I could rewind back to 20 years ago, I would (in a heart beat). I’ve always been fond of looks that are casual, yet very classy/put together and the 90’s definitely showcased this form of style. So due to my current 90’s obsession, here are some looks and fashion pieces from my favorite decade!
- Leather multi-way tie necklace and long chunky necklaces
2. Denim overalls
3. Casual t-Shirts, leather, and long coats – Simplicity at its finest
4. Long and slim dresses – The best way to look clean and classy for a night out
5. Black on black – Effortlessly put together
6. Oversized outer wear – Consider this the glue to a simple outfit
7. Casual necessities – Vintage caps and rounded sunnies
ALSO, here are some of my favorite movie picks from the 90’s!
-Catch Me if You Can
-She’s All That
-10 Things I Hate About You
-Mrs. Doubtfire (ALL TIME FAVORITE)
Hope you enjoyed some of my favorite fashion inspirations. Fashion is something that continues to evolve overtime and I am thrilled to see classic fashion statements making a comeback!
‘Til next time,
It’s mid-January and the weather is finally starting to look better in SoCal. Today, I got to walk around Down Town Riverside and explore the area! Since graduation isn’t too far from now, I thought making the most out of this city was a must-do.
I love wearing pieces that are casual, yet gives you a ‘I got my life together’ look. My trusty acid washed denim jacket is usually my go-to for days like this. It always pulls my outfits together and gives me that ‘edge’ whenever I need it. To go along with the outfit I also had to add a pop of color. My blue tinted sunglasses are from Polaroid and they don’t disappoint!
For anyone in Riverside, check out L Bistro! This cute little cafe has great food and they serve amazing breakfast items from 9-11AM. I went in for lunch today and I was definitely pleased with what I got.
‘Til next time,
Since it’s holiday season and everyone’s been changing up their makeup routines for the winter, I thought it would be appropriate to share my favorite make up products for this time of the year!
DISCLAIMER: I’m not a make up expert, but I know enough to distinguish between good quality/ bad quality and what’s worth your buck.
I tried my best to lay out a diverse range of products for those who are on the search for something new! SO hopefully this is somewhat helpful. ENJOY!
- Bobby Brown BB Cream SPF 35
I usually don’t wear a lot of face makeup because I hate looking cakey and it’s bad to layer your skin with so many products. But whenever I do go out, I try my best to look presentable! This BB cream is perfect for any occasion, especially during casual days. The product is very light weight and it has a sheer coverage – however you can definitely build up the coverage if you’d like. I recommend this to anyone who has normal to combination type skin and is looking for a natural finish!
2. Benefit’s Gimme Brow Gel
I recently discovered this brow gel and I am in love! I usually only use the Anastasia Brow Wiz (In light brown) and call it a day, but this gel helps me level up my brow game. The brush is tiny so you can precisely apply the gel on any areas of the brow. Unlike most brow gels, this product leaves your brows looking natural and groomed, which is why I love this so much! Now my brow routines consists of me applying this gel first and filling in the rest of the empty areas on my brow with my Anastasia Brow Wiz. However on lazy days, I honestly just pop this on and I head out!
3. Benefit’s POREfessional Primer
This primer has been my holy grail product for years. I’ve tested out other primers in the past, but none of the others do as good of a job as this one. Considering my skin type (combination), this primer is perfect since it does leave my skin feeling matte and smooth. If you’re looking for a new primer, definitely give this one a try! If you want to give this a test run, Sephora and Ulta sell small samples at a very affordable price. 🙂
4. Becca’s Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone
Highlighting was never a part of my makeup routine, but let me tell you….IT IS MAGICAL and I am so glad I got into it. I always avoided highlighters because I was scared it would make me look oily and greasy – that is definitely not the case! I decided to purchase a highlighter when the strobing madness started a couple months ago and word on the street was that Becca had the best highlighters in the market. I originally wanted the color in Champaign Pop, but they were sold out everywhere! So I settled with the color in Moonstone, which did not disappoint. The highlighter leaves a natural glow to the skin and a little goes a long way. I usually apply this on top of my cheek bones and sometimes on my nose bridge.
5. Smashbox Full Exposure
If you want a travel size eye palette with shimmery/ matte colors, this petite palette is for you. I currently own the Lorac palette and I hit pan for the two colors I usually use (champaign and light brown). Obviously I wasn’t going to commit to a new, full-size palette just for the two missing colors, so this travel-size palette from Smashbox was perfect! The colors are filled with earth tones (my favorite) and diverse ranges of neutral to dark brown colors. The colors are very pigmented and they’re not chalky at all. The palette is creamy and there is barely any fall out when I apply this to my eyes. I would recommend this to anyone who is going for an everyday makeup look and doesn’t use too much color on the eyes!
6. Tarte’s Blush in True Love
I’m not one to wear too much blush on my face, but I have been using this one from Tarte recently. Usually I stay away from bright pink colors because my skin is on the tan/yellow tone. However, I’ve been avoiding the sun for the past couple months and I’ve become pretty pale! This color has been doing me justice since it gives me a natural flush to my face. I don’t apply very much, but the little hint of pink definitely helps!
7. NYX’s Soft Matte Lip Cream in Abu Dhabi
Since it’s winter season, lipsticks, lip gloss, lip tints, etc have been the current favorites. I usually go for my EOS lip balm and don’t apply any color to my lips, but this season I decided to give lip colors a try. Something everyone recommended were NYX’s lip glosses and they are pretty fantastic! The product is smooth and it leaves my lips with a matte finish. The color I chose is also on the brown/neutral tone – perfect for the winter!
8. Laura Mercier’s Tinted Moisturizer
Yes, another face product! I love finding face products that are light weight and great quality, which is why I couldn’t leave out my Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer. This is very light weight and barely has any coverage, but it does a great job at evening out my skin tone. Also, since the days have been colder, this tinted moisturizer leaves my skin feeling dewy and healthy! If you’re new to make up and is looking for something that will be good to your skin, I highly recommend this product. I usually wear this whenever I go to class and need a quick make-up fix!
9. Real Techniques’ Expert Face Brush
I’m not a fan of face brushes because I love using sponges, but this brush is quite amazing. The bristles are soft and the brush feels great on the skin! I have been using this recently and it definitely does a good job with evening out the products on my face. The brush retails for about $9.00 and it’s seriously worth the price!
I hope my make up favorites for this winter season helped some of y’all. 🙂 These products are amazing and I stand by them 100%!
Merry Christmas and go give your loved ones a bear hug ^_^
‘Til next time,
Winter is here and I am so ready to bring out my favorite outer wear! Since SoCal is finally starting to get a bit chilly, I bought myself a warm longline coat for the season. — I’m not going to lie, I’ve been attached to it ever since!
Today, I decided to wear my olive turtle neck sweater with my black longline coat, along with my trusty black jeans. Since the weather wasn’t too cold, not a lot of layering was necessary. However, I did add a long, silver necklace to balance out the turtleneck and it helps add some cool tones to the outfit.
‘Til next time,
Winter is here, which means a change in skin-care is a must! I don’t know about you, but when the weather starts to shift my skin is the first thing that reacts to the temperature change. Fortunately with lots of research, (aka lots of blogs and YouTube), I have found my holy grail winter skin-care products!
Note: Whether you have dry, combination, or even oily skin, it’s important to keep the skin hydrated all day and all night!
Here we go:
- This is a new purchase and I am thrilled to have this in my collection! Consider this the ‘cherry on top’ of your daily skin-care routine. Not only does it feel amazing, (the mist is micro-fine..what?!) but it seriously helps the skin stay hydrated all day. It leaves a dewy finish to the face and it provides that ‘glow’ everybody’s been craving.
2. I’m always a sucker when it comes to ‘over moisturizing’ right before I sleep. Although I am 22 years old, it’s never too early to keep my face wrinkle free. I don’t use this during the day, but I definitely put a generous amount on my face before I go to bed. Shiseido has amazing skin products and this cream definitely gives you a luxurious feel. After using this for the past month, my skin feels brighter and tighter. If you’re in the market for a new night time moisturizer- check this out! The only con to this product is the smell (very strong floral scent).
3. I don’t visit Lush often, but when I do I’m only there for this product. Tea Tree itself is very good for the skin and when I heard about Tea Tree Water I knew I had to try it! This keeps your skin at bae and reduces breakouts for all skin types. I’m currently on my second bottle and I can’t seem to go a day without it.
4. If you have sensitive skin, THIS is the moisturizer for you. I use this during the daytime and it has done wonders! It reduces redness and keeps the skin calm, especially for those who have breakouts, eczema, and dry patches. The cream is open for all skin types and I truly consider this the ‘safe’ option for those looking for a new moisturizer! Plus, it’s fragrance free.
5. Most people tend to over look this part, but I consider this one of the most vital steps to any skin-care routine. Applying eye cream every day and night is so important! The skin around the eyes are very thin and is probably the first to start wrinkling. Thankfully my mom was gracious enough to introduce me to the world of eye cream at a young age. My holy grail eye cream is Shiseido’s White Lucent Eye Cream. I’m on my third pot and I really can’t find anything that’s as good as this one. It reduces darkness and keeps my under-eyes hydrated at all times!
6. Last but not least, sunblock. This is probably the worst and best thing that can happen to your skin. Depending on what type of sunblock you use, it can either be super oily, super dry, or it can even leave an unwanted ‘white-layer’ on your face. However, your skin will thank you in the long run if you keep your face protected! I usually use Shiseido’s sunblock, but I recently started using Innisfree’s eco safety daily sunblock. It’s very light on the skin and it’s far from feeling oily. Also, there’s no unwanted ‘white-layer’ to the face (I’m sold)! The sunblock includes an SPF of 35 and green tea as well.
These are just a few of my top products this season and I hope this might have helped in some way! Remember, you only have one skin and it’s stuck with you forever…..so PLEASE take care of it! 🙂
‘Til next time,
Although it’s the month of November, California never fails to stay warm! Something I’ve been wearing for the current weather are these light-blue, high-waisted palazzo pants with this crisp white crop top. I added a simple gold chain necklace for detail.
As much as I love summer clothing, I cannot wait to bring out the heavy knitted sweaters and my favorite outerwear. I’m all about the layering!
’til next time,
A few photos from this past summer. This denim button-up dress was perfect for any casual day. I wore the heck out of this thing and it’s still one of my favorite go-to items in my closet!